(1) Full Time CDL Driver
(1) Part Time CDL Driver
2 Job Openings
Driver CDL with P Endorsement
Reports To: Director of Transportation
Supervises: No supervisory responsibility.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY: This position drives HVCC vehicles which require a Commercial Driver’s License. Locations and routes to be assigned as determined.
- Assists passengers in boarding and leaving the vehicle, and carrying packages and bundles.
- Ensures pickups and deliveries are made in a timely manner.
- Maintains log of passenger trips and vehicle performance as required.
- Performs pre-operation safety check of assigned vehicle. Checks fluid levels and reports any issues found.
- Maintains vehicle usage and service logs as required.
- Keeps assigned vehicle(s) clean.
- Follows all safety procedures and regulations.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrative of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or a logical assignment to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- High School Diploma or GED is required; must be 18 years of age.
- Connecticut CDL with P endorsement is required.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday, also some Saturdays and/or Sundays.
- Previous experience operating vehicles designed to transport older or disabled populations strongly preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups, both professional and non-professional, co-workers, management personnel, the public, older and/or disabled residents.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities.
- Able to think quickly, assess a situation and make a sound decision.
- Ability to read and interpret street and road maps.
- Must have an acceptable driving record, and meet all other requirements as outlined by the CT DMV.
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
- Strong commitment to working within a team environment is required.
- Ability to work independently is required.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the HVCC Mission.
Mental and physical requirements:
The Physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical ability to assist passengers.
- Ability to occasionally work in poor weather conditions, including heat, rain, cold or snow.
- Is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to perform continuous bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 25 lbs.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and precarious places, and is routinely exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, and very cold and very hot conditions.
- Must be able to walk, sit and stand for extended periods during the work day.
- Random drug screens throughout employment are required.
- Training/Experience with Biohazard material is preferred.
Please Send Resume & Cover Letter to: email@example.com